Assessment of Growth and its Abnormality
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- an increase in the size of body dimensions, parts, or tissues towards maturity.
- changes in the human body towards attaining a mature state, i.e. differentiation, function development, maturation, and adaptation.
Periods of childhood
- embryonic and fetal, up until birth.
- neonatal, infant, late infancy. An infant is called a neonate until 28 days after birth. Infancy ends around age one.
- preschool year and elementary school.
- starts around puberty and ends at adulthood at age 18.