Determination of Vitamin E Concentration in Blood Serum
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Office:||6th floor, Radiopoetro|
|Pre-test:||3-6 questions, short-answer.|
|Post-test:||Sometimes. Oral only.|
Batch 2011 Pretest
- Why is Vitamin E concentration lower in babies compared to adults? Babies cannot absorb lipids as well as adults.
- The head of Vitamin E is composed of an aromatic ring structure and is the site of antioxidant action.
- The tail of Vitamin E serves to anchor the vitamin in lipid membranes.
- Which problems can Vitamin E deficiency cause? Ataxia, lack of reflexes, and paralysis of the eye.
- Name two antioxidants. Peroxidase and catalase.
- In animals, what deficiency can Vitamin E deficiency cause? Reproductive.