Basic Life Support
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Sing the "Stayin' Alive" song to help count seconds: "Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive", that's three seconds. The title of the song is easy to remember when the purpose of Basic Life Support is to ensure the patient stays alive.
- Forget to ask a nearby person to call an ambulance.
- Closed airway: not pulling the chin back or tilting the head back enough.
- Not watching for chest expansion.
- The compressions are not deep enough or too fast or slow.